Share This Article
The art of making an omelette is one of those preeminent cooking techniques which once mastered gives you a solid base to adjust and alter as you see fit. In this spinach version, you can have a meal that is both delicious and healthy.
Omelette is a dish that has connections to a number of different cuisines around the world. Various cultures offer different preparations and cooking methods for this dish.
A good omelette begins with fresh eggs. It’s a great way to begin the day. In addition to iron, vitamins, and minerals, you receive high-quality protein that will satisfy your hunger and much needed nutrients to kick-start your day. Make sure to buy eggs that have been raised organically or free-range.
You have so many options when it comes to what to put inside an omelette. You can simply season omelettes with fresh herbs or add vegetables. Omelettes are often topped with vegetables, meat, and cheese with a whole range of other ingredients. With seasonings and herbs, you can customize it to your taste.
An omelette made with spinach adds flavour, nutrients, and colour to the dish. You can prepare it as a healthy meal for your family, or serve it to yourself. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, including iron, vitamin E, and magnesium.
Adding ginger to your omelette will help boost your immunity, improve digestion, and provide anti-oxidants. In addition to giving this spinach omelette a beautiful green color, turmeric also provides health benefits. Adding it to this omelette will help reduce inflammation and boost antioxidant activity. The anti-inflammatory properties of black pepper make it an ideal seasoning for omelets. Turmeric and Black Pepper when combined together improves the absorption of curcumin, which is the active component of turmeric, responsible for all the benefits we get in our diet. You can adjust the amount based on your palette.
Eggs are considered to be one of the excellent proteins and hence favourite of many fitness enthusiasts and mothers. Egg yolk is a richest source of vitamin D, iron, folate and vitamins and also lutein and zeaxanthin that supports your eyes and brain health. Adding Spinach to the recipe, a rich source of vitamin A, B, C, and K; Nothing can beat the power of a nutrient-rich breakfast to begin your day!
Come on, let’s whip some batter and make some fluffy omelettes!
2 whole eggs (ande)
½ tbsp olive oil (tel)
1 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
¼ cup coriander leaves (dhaniya)
1 finely chopped green chili (hari mirch)
½ tbsp grated ginger (adrak)
¼ tbsp black pepper (kali mirch)
¼ tbsp turmeric (haldi)
¼ tbsp salt (namak)
1. Wash spinach and coriander leaves thoroughly and drain completely.
2. In a deep bowl, break 2 eggs and mix with spinach and coriander.
3. Beat the eggs with the help of a whisk and season with salt, black pepper, and turmeric. Keep it aside.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil.
5. Pour in the prepared mixture and sprinkle the spinach over one side evenly over the omelet and cook on medium heat.
6. Flip when the base is set.
7. Cook until it is cooked on both sides.
- You can also add other ingredients. A fantastic option is sauteed mushrooms. Asparagus or broccoli are also good choices. After the omelet has partially set, saute until they are tender and then spread them over.
- It is ideal to prepare the fillings for an omelet before the eggs are cooked.